Minor Home Repair Program
The Franklin County Office on Aging administers the Minor Home Repair Program through Senior Options which provides
services that contribute to a safe, secure living environment for Franklin County older adult homeowners who meet
program eligibility guidelines.
The Minor Home Repair Program offers a variety of minor repair services to senior residents, including:
- Minor plumbing, electrical, gas and furnace repairs
- Air conditioner repairs and replacements (No window units)
- Installation of safety devices including smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, deadbolt locks, etc.
- Installation of handrails and/or grab bars
- Installation of wheelchair/walker ramps
- Concrete repair to main walkways
- Repair and replacement of broken glass
- Minor yard work (Minor hedge trimming and one-time yard mowing)
(NOTE: The Minor Home Repair Program does not cover repairs to roofs or foundations.
It also does not cover repairs that are purely cosmetic, such as painting or yard work.)
All of the work done through the Minor Home Repair Program is done by qualified, licensed, bonded and insured contractors.
The materials and techniques used in the repair work also comply with all applicable code regulations and ordinances.
Download our Minor Home Repair Flyer
Residents are eligible for these services if they meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Reside in Franklin County (Ohio)
- Aged 60 years or older
- Income eligible
- Cannot have an income exceeding $2,000/month for a single person and $4,000/month for 2+ person household
- Cannot have over $10,000 in liquid assets
- Cannot own more than one home
- Renters are only eligible for wheelchair ramp and/or grab bars installation
and must be wheelchair bound. Installation is also contingent on landlord’s approval
HOW TO ENROLL
Residents can enroll in the Minor Home Repair Program by calling (614) 525-6200
weekdays 9AM-4:30PM ET.
Residents will need to complete an over-the-phone confidential assessment to identify
service need, eligibility and to coordinate services.
Residents can also request these services through the online referral form.