Caregiver Support Program
The Franklin County Office on Aging collaborates with the Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging
(COAAA) to administer the Caregiver Support Program. The Franklin County Office on Aging assists with
a variety of free short-term services that can be accessed once a calendar year.
The Caregiver Support Program offers support to:
- Non-paid caregivers of adults aged 60+ who’ve demonstrated a need for home care assistance
- Non-paid parents or relatives aged 55+ caring for an adult child with a disability and who’ve demonstrated a need for home care assistance
A variety of services are available to caregivers through this program, including:
- Adult Day Services
- Appliances (Washer, microwave, stove, etc.)
- Caregiver Counseling
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Health Maintenance Supplies (incontinence supplies, nutritional supplies, etc.)
- Homemaker/Personal Care/Respite Services
- Institutional Respite
- Lift Chairs
- Mattress & Box Spring Set
- Portable Suitcase Wheelchair Ramps
- Security Deposit or Rent Assistance
- Utility (electric, gas and water) Assistance
In addition, other items and/or services that benefit a caregiver may also be considered.
(NOTE: The availability of this assistance is based on funding at the time the referral is made.)
Download our Caregiver Support Flyer
Franklin County residents are eligible for these services if they meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Are a non-paid caregiver for another adult aged 60 & older*
- Are an adult aged 55 & older who’s caring for an adult child (ages 18-59) with a disability*
(*Must demonstrate a need for in-home care assistance.)
HOW TO ENROLL
Residents can enroll in the Caregiver Support Program by calling (614) 525-6200
weekdays 9AM-4:30PM ET. Residents will need to complete an over-the-phone confidential
assessment to identify service need, eligibility and to coordinate services.
Residents can also request these services through the online referral form.
The National Family Caregiver Support Program is funded by the Older American’s Act (OAA) through the
Ohio Department of Aging (ODA). The Franklin County Office on Aging (FCOA) receives a
grant contract from this funding through the COAAA to administer the Agency’s Caregiver Support Program (CGSP) that offers
a variety of short-term services to informal caregivers of older adults and adult children (ages 18-59) with
disabilities who have a demonstrated need for assistance that can be accessed once a calendar year.